Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pumpkin Scones

My partner was talking about pumpkin scones and he was shocked to discover that I hadn't tried them. They are an Australian tradition I am told :).
So I got a lovely treat, my man made me pumpkin scones, they were very very yummy. I thought I would share the recipe, so you can try them too:

This recipe, courtesy of:
Lady Florence Bjelke-Petersen's Famous Pumpkin Scones

Pumpkin Scones
Degree of difficulty: Low

Ingredients you need:
1 Table spoon of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin (cold)
2 cups Self raising flour

Method:
Cook pumpkin and leave to go cold.
Beat together butter, sugar and salt with electric mixer.
Add egg, then pumpkin and stir in the flour.
Turn on to floured board and cut.
Place in tray on top shelf of very hot oven 225-250 degrees Celsius, for 15-20 minutes.

0 comments: