Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happenings

I've been very busy lately, but I haven't fallen off the face of the planet yet...
I haven't been doing very geeky things though, mostly life shit. Hopefully I will have some more time from now on. I have so many things that I want to do, I just have to prioritize my work.

OpenBSD 4.1
I have decided to give OpenBSD 4.1 a spin, it has been out since the 1st May. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I just finished creating and burning the ISO to CD. I followed the steps in this post: Creating an OpenBSD 4.0 bootable install CD, Changing "4.0" to "4.1". Also in this post, I say to test it on a CD-rw which isn't a very good suggestion because some CD players wont boot from a CD-rw. So please be careful!

Init and BSD
I have been reading three posts by Dru Lavigne talking about the differences in controlling and initiating programs at boot time in the BSD's:

I think they are worth a read, especially if you coming from a Linux background.

0 comments: