Thursday, August 02, 2007

Zero Comes First

When I'm flicking through terminals (ttys), I find it frustrating that the keys start with the number 1 (F1), and not 0.
I use a simple trick remind myself where they are.

1. First I get some self adhesive labels, you can buy them from most newsagents.
2. Then I write out the numbers 0-9 and a-b, fairly neatly and about 5mm x 5mm big. (You could always print them out if you want them to be neater).
3. Cut them out, like in the image to the right.
4. Now place them on the keys.

Done, now next time you need to go to tty4 you can press F5 with out even thinking about it.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Thank you!
I've been exploring your site as well.
Good luck with your writing!
Cheers

chris said...

Come on! Where's the expertice? You don't really need to see the keyboard, try it out!

BTW, interesting work in your blog.

Kris said...

As I've learn't everybody in this world is human, some people can't even spell expertise.
;-)